Precious Life Shelter is seeking a mature woman to fill a
"live-in" House Manager position responsible for supporting Precious Life's residential program serving homeless, pregnant women.
The house manager is the person who upholds house policies; lends an ear and patiently guides each woman; resolves conflict between residents; requests supplies; and orients new residents.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Promote the well-being and growth of residents by modeling and encouraging healthy communication, sound decision-making, and upholding house policies.
- Maintain professionalism with residents, community members, staff and the general public.
- Reinforce program and case management goals.
- Serve as a contributing staff member by participating in bi-monthly staff meeting as well as training and development opportunities.
- Work as a team with all other staff to provide comprehensive client services.
- Encourage residents to maintain a cooperative attitude toward the program and to one another.
- Support residential program in providing seamless 24-hour, 7 day week coverage.
- Coordinate household activities such as chores, menu planning and cooking.
- Responsible for the general safety, overall cleanliness and well-being of the residents and facility.
- Document daily activities of the home and its residents. Make other staff aware of potential patterns, issues or situations.
- Provide crisis intervention, conflict resolution and related support services to residents.
- Respond quickly to on-call notifications.
- Mature ministry-centered woman gifted with discernment
- Quick, critical thinker with strong common sense
- Experience working with homeless, low income individuals
- Ability to work with people from all socio-economic and ethnic groups
- Ability to read other people
- Able to work with a close knit team
- Able to accept feedback from others
- Able to self-regulate (correcting oneself without outside input or supervision)
- Able to set and uphold boundaries
- Enjoy working with people, especially women and infants
- Ability to uphold rules in a loving manner
- Basic knowledge of MS Office
- Knows how to cook
- Is a patient teacher
- Positive role model as Precious Life program representative
If you have a heart to minister to women and infants/children, please send your resume, along with a cover letter, to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!