Precious Life Shelter appreciates every donation that is made whether it is financially or through charitable donation of goods. These donations make a difference in each of the lives of the 100+ women who come to us every year. Without the help of all our volunteers and donors, we would not be operational. We cannot fully express our gratitude for your donations.
Ways to donate
1. Gift cards, certificates, event passes, services, prepaid phone cards. These items may be
used directly by our residents to purchase clothing for interviews or they can be used in our silent auctions at fundraising events.
2. Diapers, wipes, blankets, bottles, or any item that an infant aged 0-2 years may need.
3. Feminine Hygiene items, maternity clothing, socks, slippers or anything that can be used by an expectant or new mother.
4. Food donations.
5. Donate any unused or unwanted items to our Thrift Shop. The Thrift Shop helps to support our program by providing 40% of operating costs.
6. Automobile Donation Program – Automobile donations can be made by calling the shelter. Specify your wish to donate an automobile to benefit Precious Life Shelter. We will issue a receipt, smog and/or repair it as needed, sell the vehicle, and issue all the necessary receipts
7. Ralphs-If you shop at Ralph’s, you can link your rewards account to make a contribution to Precious Life Shelter on your behalf just for shopping there. Visit ralphs.com and follow the directions to join their Community Rewards program.
8. Amazon Smile- Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases to Precious Life Shelter whenever you use Amazon Smile to shop. Click here to start shopping now.
10. Donate directly here by clicking the Donate Now button.
There are various ways to donate to our shelter. Donations are not just limited to this list so if you have something different that you would like to donate, give us a call.
Precious Life Shelter is a 501 (c) 3 private, non-profit agency.
Our Federal Tax ID number is 51-0187577.
Donations made to Precious Life Shelter are considered to be tax deductible on your itemized tax return.
Itemized receipts are issued for every donation. It is the responsibility of the contributing party to determine and claim the fair market value of “in-kind” donations.