Parmesan Panko Poppers
Contributed by Carol McCoy
- 2C panko bread crumbs
- 2T grated Parmesan cheese
- 1tsp pepper
- 1/2tsp garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 1T milk
- 1C flour
- 1 & ½ #’s skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut in bite-sized pieces
- Oil for frying
- Combine panko crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt/pepper, and garlic powder. Put this mixture in a bowl.
- Whisk eggs and milk in a separate bowl to make an egg wash. Place flour in another bowl.
- Coat chicken pieces in flour, dip them into egg wash. Press panko mixture to coat, shaking off excess.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer (this is where I disagree). I would put a small amount of oil in a large skillet. Heat oil on medium high. Fry chicken in batches, until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 3 to 5 mins. Depending on high your heat is.
These would be great for a kids dinner and/or use them as a snack with Ranch dressing.