Sugar and Fats Facts
Contributed by: Carol McCoy
In case any of you are wanting to lose a few pounds or just wanting to eat more healthy I want to give you a list of the sugar in some common foods and also a list of fats that you may not be aware of in some common foods.
First we’ll do the sugar:
- Fruit punch 12oz 40G sugar which amounts to 10 tsps of sugar. This is a drink that it should never be given to kids, it’s promotes tooth decay and obsity.
- Carbonated soft drinks 12oz 40G sugar & 10 tsps. of sugar, also promotes tooth decay and obesity.
- Ice Cream 1C 40G of sugar & 10tsps. of sugar.
- Yogurt w/fruit 1C 35G of sugar & 9tsps of sugar.
- Candy bar 1 average 30G of sugar & 8tsps of sugar.
- Apple pie 1 slice 15G of sugar & 4tsps of sugar
- Sweetened cereal 1C 15G of sugar & 4tsps of sugar.
- Jam and/or jelly 1T 10G of sugar & 2& ½ tsps. of sugar.
- Donut 10G of sugar & 2& ½ tsps. of sugar.
- Honey 1tsp 5G of sugar & 1 tsp of sugar
- Brown sugar 1stp 5G of sugar & 1tsp of sugar.
- Table sugar 1stp 5G of sugar & 1tsp of sugar.
Now the fats:
- Butter 2T 23G fat ~ 14G saturated fat ~ 200 calories
- Steak 3oz 21G fat ~ 8G saturated fat ~ 270 calories
- Peanuts 1/4C 18G fat ~ 3G saturated fat ~ 210 calories
- Cake donut 1 large 16G fat ~ 3G saturated fat ~ 300 calories
- Blue cheese dressing 2T 16G fat – 3G saturated fat ~ 150 calories
- Peanut butter 2T 16G fat ~ 3G saturated fat ~ 190 calories
- Chocolate/peanut butter candy bar (2oz) 14G fat ~ 5G saturated fat ~ 270 calories
- Fried chicken thigh (3oz) 14G fat ~ 4G saturated fat ~ 240 calories
- Croissant roll (2oz) 12G fat ~ 7G saturated fat ~ 230 calories
- Ice cream (1/2C vanilla) 12G fat ~ 6G saturated fat ~ 180 calories
- Cream cheese (2T) 10G fat ~ 7G saturated fat ~ 100 calories
- Whole milk (1C) 5G fat ~ 5G saturated fat ~ 150 calories
- 2% Milk (1C) 5G fat ~ 3G saturated fat ~ 120 calories
- Sour cream (2T) 5G fat ~ 3G saturated fat ~ 50 calories
- Half & half (2T) 3G fat ~ 2G saturated fat ~ 40 calories
There you go, pretty surprising isn’t it? There are a lot of alternate choice that are much more healthy. Check it out at the market next time and let me know what you found.