Contributed by Carol McCoy
1lb frozen pizza dough (thawed)
1 can (15oz) refried beans, stirred to loosen
3/4C medium-hot jarred salsa
1C (15oz) black beans, drained & rinsed
3/4C shredded pepper jack cheese
2T chopped cilantro
2C shredded iceberg lettuce
2C grape tomatoes, quartered
- Heat oven to 475. Coat a 14” pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough into a 14” circle. Gently roll up on a lightly floured rolling pin and unroll onto prepared onto prepared pizza pan.
- Spread the refried beans over dough to within ½” of edge. Spoon on salsa and black beans. Scatter cheese over the top.
- Bake at 475 for 15 to 17 mins., or until bottom of pizza is brown and crispy.
- Scatter cilantro, lettuce, and tomatoes over top and cut into 6 slices.
This would be a nice dinner to serve with a green salad.