4C fresh blackberries, washed and drained well (frozen are ok but you’ll want to drain them)
2 tsp lemon juice
1/3C white sugar
3/4C quick cooking oats
1/3C packed brown sugar
1/4C softened butter
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly butter a baking dish.
- Place berries in large bowl. Pour in lemon juice, sprinkle sugar evenly over berries. Gently stir to combine. Transfer to prepared baking dish. Gently pat down berries with the back of a spoon and level the surface.
- Place rolled oats, flour, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl. Mix together with a fork until mixture is blended and crumbly, about 1 minute.
- Distribute crisp mixture over the top of the berries and smooth out with a tip of a
- Fork so all berries are covered.
- Bake in preheated oven until dark and berries are bubbling, about 45 minutes. Allow crisp to cool somewhat and firm up. Serve warm.
This is a great dessert to use for anytime!