Process for entering PLS
- All clients enter through the emergency phase of the program.
- Beds are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Clients or referring agencies should call to assess availability.
- A phone interview with the client is completed before the physical intake to determine eligibility.
- Intakes occur Monday-Saturday from 10:00am to 2:00pm only.
- Must be 18 years of age or older with a valid I.D.
- Must be pregnant and be able to provide physician-signed proof of pregnancy with a due date.
- Must be committed to a sober life as a resident: PLS is a drug/alcohol free program, and is NOT a rehabilitation agency.
Clients may stay in the Emergency House from 1-30 days. Housing, food, and all immediate necessities are provided at no cost. Women are required to apply for Medi-Cal if they have no insurance in order to attain proper prenatal care. The resident is required to be productive for 35 hours per week by working, going to school, volunteering, or searching for a job. Regularly scheduled Case Management and Health & Education classes are required as well. Upon completion of these immediate requirements, a resident may be recommended for the Transitional Program.